Hi - this page is for posting twitter-related information so that it can be explained in more detail.
Tighten up Your Quad Security
by Tricia Colling - 19:22 on 04 January 2019
Quad bike owners across the Country are asked to take extra steps to protect their vehicles, after a number of thefts in recent weeks - taking extra precautions and adding extra protection will help deter thieves and also aid detection should yours be stolen.
You are urged to:
- Avoid leaving quad bikes running unattended
- Consider property identification – many quad bikes are unregistered and therefore not easily identifiable
- Photographic evidence of the make/model/serial number
- Report suspicious people and vehicles loitering near isolated rural properties
- Install adequate lighting, CCTV and strong locks to deter offenders
- Fit good tracking devices - there are plenty on the market available at reasonable prices
For small-holdings, a stolen quad can be an expensive theft and have a high impact on the farmer - make purchases to protect your property and farm machinery.
Ask your local Safer Neighbourhood Officer for advice if need be, but take action today!