Get your free website from Spanglefish

Incident Reporting

Help to stop crime!

When you call the Police you have a couple of things to think about.

  1. Is it an emergency? If so, dial 999
  2. If it's not an emergency.....dial 101

999 -

Call 999

  • if there is a threat to life - including a road traffic accident (RTC) where someone is hurt, the road is blocked or a vehicle involved in the accident hasn't stopped;
  • if someone is about to get violent, either to another person or to property;
  • a serious offence or crime is happening;
  • a suspect is still at the scene of a crime or any delay in telling the Police would stop them from being caught;
  • if there is a serious disturbance taking place, or is about to take place

Dialling 999 is free of charge.

 101 -

Call 101 (the non-emergency number)

  • if you are reporting a non-urgent incident, i.e. the crime is not currently taking place;
  • if there is a road traffic accident and there is no injuries, the road is not blocked and everyone involved is still at the scene;
  • if you wish to contact an Officer to ask for a home visit;
  • if you need to ask for advice or give general information;
  • for lost and found information

You can, of course, also visit your local Police Station to report incidents - here's a memory aid to download

Crimestoppers -

Call 0800 555 111

You can also call Crimestoppers to give information but you don't have to give them your name and address if you don't want to.

  • You won't be asked for, or have to give, your name;
  • You won't have to make a Police statement;
  • You won't have to go to court;
  • Your call won't be recorded;
  • Your call can't be traced.
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement